Manusystems performs the disinfection of drinking water reservoir using the product OX-Água 2ªGeração, which is registered in the European system R4BP3 as biocide type 2, 4 and 5. In Portugal this product was evaluated by the Laboratório Central da EPAL, being included in its list of approved products for the disinfection of reservoir.
Manusystems has developed a technical specification for disinfection of new or rehabilitated water reservoir (ET-DRN). It will be made available to all interested parties.
The disinfection method for new or rehabilitated reservoir, in order to maintain its good hygienic condition, is as follows:
- Washing with low pressure water (pressure less than 5 bar) all internal surfaces of the reservoir;
- Spraying the disinfectant product OX-Água 2ªGeração;
- Control of the contact time of the disinfectant product.
- Final washing with low pressure water with control of the removal of the product used.
- Control of the effectiveness of disinfection by ATP testing on reservoir internal surfaces.
- If the results are satisfactory the work is done. Otherwise, steps 2 to 5 should be repeated until compliance is reached.
In addition to disinfection of reservoir, Manusystems offers other complementary services.